Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
Staff at Balhousie Luncarty care home are celebrating after receiving high grades for their leadership, wellbeing and staffing.
The Care Inspectorate has awarded the 29-bedroom care home with three Grade 5s, the body’s second highest rating, after an inspection praised the “warmth and respect” of staff and a team working closely to promote best practice.
“Staff were calm, compassionate, used good humour and showed a very good level of skill in every aspect of the care and support they offered to people. We saw some very good examples of warmth and respect being given which promoted positive relationships and a relaxed environment throughout the home,” said the Care Inspectorate report, published this week.
The report also praised Balhousie Luncarty’s activities and its “happy and sociable” mealtimes, as well as new menu offerings. The new menus form part of a company-wide relaunch of catering under new Hospitality Manager David Blackwood. One resident told inspectors: “It's like going to a restaurant every day - superb.”
The Grade 5s, which carry the rating “very good”, are a first for Balhousie Luncarty. They follow the appointment of Care Home Manager Lynn Phillips, who took up the post less than a year ago. Lynn, formerly deputy manager at Balhousie Glens in Angus, was lauded by the Care Inspectorate for having an open-door policy for residents and staff. Lynn has also overseen a recent refurbishment of the care home, including public rooms and the home’s bedrooms, all with input from the residents.
Lynn said: “I’m lucky to be working with such a committed, caring team here at Balhousie Luncarty, which visitors tell us is evident as soon as they step over the threshold to the home. I believe that strong relationships and involving everyone is the key to running a good care home, and that’s something we have here. I’m proud of the whole team for helping to achieve our first set of Grade 5s.”
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer with Balhousie Care Group, said: “Lynn and her team work extremely hard to make Balhousie Luncarty a place where residents are happy, active and involved in the decision making of running the care home. That’s what we strive for across the group. I’m delighted to see that hard work rewarded with their first Grade 5s.”
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
Lynn Phillips (centre) and staff from Balhousie Luncarty celebrate after receiving Grade 5s from the Care Inspectorate. L to R: Pamela Shaw, Meggie Townsley, Lynn Phillips, Gail Dove, Ben Haddow. Image credit: Perthshire Picture Agency/Graeme Hart
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"