Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
Staff at Balhousie Luncarty care home are celebrating after receiving high grades for their leadership, wellbeing and staffing.
The Care Inspectorate has awarded the 29-bedroom care home with three Grade 5s, the body’s second highest rating, after an inspection praised the “warmth and respect” of staff and a team working closely to promote best practice.
“Staff were calm, compassionate, used good humour and showed a very good level of skill in every aspect of the care and support they offered to people. We saw some very good examples of warmth and respect being given which promoted positive relationships and a relaxed environment throughout the home,” said the Care Inspectorate report, published this week.
The report also praised Balhousie Luncarty’s activities and its “happy and sociable” mealtimes, as well as new menu offerings. The new menus form part of a company-wide relaunch of catering under new Hospitality Manager David Blackwood. One resident told inspectors: “It's like going to a restaurant every day - superb.”
The Grade 5s, which carry the rating “very good”, are a first for Balhousie Luncarty. They follow the appointment of Care Home Manager Lynn Phillips, who took up the post less than a year ago. Lynn, formerly deputy manager at Balhousie Glens in Angus, was lauded by the Care Inspectorate for having an open-door policy for residents and staff. Lynn has also overseen a recent refurbishment of the care home, including public rooms and the home’s bedrooms, all with input from the residents.
Lynn said: “I’m lucky to be working with such a committed, caring team here at Balhousie Luncarty, which visitors tell us is evident as soon as they step over the threshold to the home. I believe that strong relationships and involving everyone is the key to running a good care home, and that’s something we have here. I’m proud of the whole team for helping to achieve our first set of Grade 5s.”
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer with Balhousie Care Group, said: “Lynn and her team work extremely hard to make Balhousie Luncarty a place where residents are happy, active and involved in the decision making of running the care home. That’s what we strive for across the group. I’m delighted to see that hard work rewarded with their first Grade 5s.”
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
Lynn Phillips (centre) and staff from Balhousie Luncarty celebrate after receiving Grade 5s from the Care Inspectorate. L to R: Pamela Shaw, Meggie Townsley, Lynn Phillips, Gail Dove, Ben Haddow. Image credit: Perthshire Picture Agency/Graeme Hart
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020