Balhousie in Bloom - Balhousie Care Group Garden Competition
Spring has sprung at Balhousie Care Group with the launch of Balhousie in Bloom
Spring has truly sprung across Balhousie Care Group care with the launch of Balhousie in Bloom, a chance for the residential care provider’s homes to show off some of their stunning garden projects, and create some buzz in their local communities.
Indoor and outdoor gardens are being included in the competition, which has a prize of £500 for the grand winner. The money will go towards the home’s residents’ comfort fund.
Over the past year, the homes’ gardens across Balhousie have been more important than ever, offering a much-appreciated outdoor space for residents. The Group, with 25 homes across Aberdeenshire, Tayside, Perthshire, Fife and Falkirk, want to celebrate the work that goes into making these spaces so special through Balhousie in Bloom.
The competition has four categories and there will be a winner for each of the following: Staff & Resident Participation; Most Improved Garden; Community Engagement; and Indoor Garden. An overall ‘Best Garden’ winner will take home the £500 cash prize.
Balhousie Group CEO Jill Kerr is looking forward to see the work homes put into their gardens. She said: “After a five year hiatus, we are delighted to see the return of Balhousie in Bloom. Many of our residents and staff take a lot of pleasure from spending time and working on our homes’ gardens and this is a lovely way to celebrate the joy this brings. I can’t wait to see all our homes embrace the competition over the coming months.”
Our care homes are looking for ways to partner with garden centres, retailers and community groups – including gardeners, schools and day care services – for their Balhousie in Bloom projects. If you’d like to help or have plants or garden furniture you’d like to share, contact your local home or email: email@example.com
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
For media enquiries please contact Anna Gunn on 07492 163614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Balhousie Care Group
Balhousie Care Group was formed 27 years ago to fill a gap in quality residential care in North East Scotland. Today, with 26 homes in the area, it is one of the leading providers of care for the elderly in Scotland, providing care to over 900 residents.
Balhousie Care prides itself on its person-centred approach to care. Putting people right at the forefront of everything they do; it’s inclusive of everyone. They capture this philosophy through the roll out of ‘Together We’re Great’, an initiative which recognises the skills, talents, attributes and support areas for each and every person involved in the organisation. Together We’re Great aims to value individuality and promote excellence across the organisation.
A Participation Charter - a first-of-its-kind in the care home sector - commits to residents getting a bigger say than ever in the care they receive, from writing care home policies to recruiting staff.
Balhousie Care Group is the recipient of numerous awards. These include three Scottish Care Awards, 2019 Growth Business and 2018 Service Business of the Year at The Courier Business Awards, 2019 Growth Business of the Year Perthshire Chamber of Commerce STAR Award, and SME Scotland Business Man of the Year 2019 for Chairman Tony Banks.
Image details: Residents from Balhousie Stormont Lodge in Blairgowrie, Perthshire planting seeds as they launch ‘Project Bloom’, their entry into Balhousie in Bloom.
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY