The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
One of Scotland’s leading providers of residential care has been “overwhelmed” by the kind acts of many local businesses and members of local communities since the government’s measures to reduce the spread of COVD-19 were introduced.
With 25 care homes across the north east, Tayside and the central belt, many of the staff and residents at Balhousie Care Group have been touched by the generosity of local businesses in supporting staff and residents, from free pizzas being delivered to donations of hand sanitiser from local distilleries.
Balhousie would like to thank the many businesses who have sent much-appreciated gifts. Domino’s in Dundee very kindly sent pizzas for staff to enjoy and Arbikie, the award winning Angus-based distillers, supplied hand sanitiser from their very own stills. Hand gel has also been donated by Harry Mclean from Carrick Management as part of an initiative which has seen Balhousie partner with charity Social bite.
World-famous jam makers Mackays sent hampers to three Angus-based care homes and Franco’s Café in Carnoustie dropped off delicious home-made scones and malteser slices for staff to share across two of Balhousie’s care homes.
Another home received delicious food from Perthshire businesses Snakatak and Crunch Munch, which was thoroughly enjoyed by staff, while another received electronic tablets donated from a local school to help aide communication for residents with their loved ones.
As well as receiving support from many local businesses, the wider communities in which the care homes are based have been reaching out in droves to lift spirits including letters and rainbow drawings from local children and live singers performing in carparks.
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer at Balhousie Care Group, said:
“At what has been an extraordinarily challenging and unsettling time for many, it has been overwhelming to see so many businesses and local communities show their support for our key workers and residents. Their generosity and thoughtfulness has been wonderful and given our colleagues and residents a boost. We’d like to thank everyone who has reached out for their kindness.”
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 9th November
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - Friday 6th Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 5th November 2020
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.
- Furlough Scheme Extended Until March 2021
- Gov. Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - Wednesday 4th November 2020
- BlueSky Experiences launch new ground breaking virtual team building game: The Virtual Supply Chain!