The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
One of Scotland’s leading providers of residential care has been “overwhelmed” by the kind acts of many local businesses and members of local communities since the government’s measures to reduce the spread of COVD-19 were introduced.
With 25 care homes across the north east, Tayside and the central belt, many of the staff and residents at Balhousie Care Group have been touched by the generosity of local businesses in supporting staff and residents, from free pizzas being delivered to donations of hand sanitiser from local distilleries.
Balhousie would like to thank the many businesses who have sent much-appreciated gifts. Domino’s in Dundee very kindly sent pizzas for staff to enjoy and Arbikie, the award winning Angus-based distillers, supplied hand sanitiser from their very own stills. Hand gel has also been donated by Harry Mclean from Carrick Management as part of an initiative which has seen Balhousie partner with charity Social bite.
World-famous jam makers Mackays sent hampers to three Angus-based care homes and Franco’s Café in Carnoustie dropped off delicious home-made scones and malteser slices for staff to share across two of Balhousie’s care homes.
Another home received delicious food from Perthshire businesses Snakatak and Crunch Munch, which was thoroughly enjoyed by staff, while another received electronic tablets donated from a local school to help aide communication for residents with their loved ones.
As well as receiving support from many local businesses, the wider communities in which the care homes are based have been reaching out in droves to lift spirits including letters and rainbow drawings from local children and live singers performing in carparks.
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer at Balhousie Care Group, said:
“At what has been an extraordinarily challenging and unsettling time for many, it has been overwhelming to see so many businesses and local communities show their support for our key workers and residents. Their generosity and thoughtfulness has been wonderful and given our colleagues and residents a boost. We’d like to thank everyone who has reached out for their kindness.”
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency