The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
One of Scotland’s leading providers of residential care has been “overwhelmed” by the kind acts of many local businesses and members of local communities since the government’s measures to reduce the spread of COVD-19 were introduced.
With 25 care homes across the north east, Tayside and the central belt, many of the staff and residents at Balhousie Care Group have been touched by the generosity of local businesses in supporting staff and residents, from free pizzas being delivered to donations of hand sanitiser from local distilleries.
Balhousie would like to thank the many businesses who have sent much-appreciated gifts. Domino’s in Dundee very kindly sent pizzas for staff to enjoy and Arbikie, the award winning Angus-based distillers, supplied hand sanitiser from their very own stills. Hand gel has also been donated by Harry Mclean from Carrick Management as part of an initiative which has seen Balhousie partner with charity Social bite.
World-famous jam makers Mackays sent hampers to three Angus-based care homes and Franco’s Café in Carnoustie dropped off delicious home-made scones and malteser slices for staff to share across two of Balhousie’s care homes.
Another home received delicious food from Perthshire businesses Snakatak and Crunch Munch, which was thoroughly enjoyed by staff, while another received electronic tablets donated from a local school to help aide communication for residents with their loved ones.
As well as receiving support from many local businesses, the wider communities in which the care homes are based have been reaching out in droves to lift spirits including letters and rainbow drawings from local children and live singers performing in carparks.
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer at Balhousie Care Group, said:
“At what has been an extraordinarily challenging and unsettling time for many, it has been overwhelming to see so many businesses and local communities show their support for our key workers and residents. Their generosity and thoughtfulness has been wonderful and given our colleagues and residents a boost. We’d like to thank everyone who has reached out for their kindness.”
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- FRIDAY 8TH MAY: UK to Observe a Two Minute Silence to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
- Property Viewings Go Virtual
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust Steps in to help 26 Community Projects, 5 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group Media Statement, 2 May 2020
- The Enchanted Forest Announces it is to Cancel the 2020 Event
- PERTHSHIRE CHAMBER TO LAUNCH “RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE PROGRAMME” AND MEMBERSHIP PROMOTIONS TO HELP REGION'S BUSINESSES THROUGH COVID-19
- Scone Palace to launch The Scottish Garden Show
- Balhousie Care Homes join in Live Gig from Singer Kate Nicoll
- Schools, Men's Shed and Local Businesses Provide Visors for Balhouse Care Group Staff
- Virtual youth work plan for PKC young people
- UK Government: Businesses to save up to £300 million Annually thanks to Climate Change Agreement Scheme Extension, 16 April 2020
- Preparing a Will for Yourself is a Potential DIY Disaster
- TV presenter Ade Adepitan and singer Elle Exxe send a special message to Arbroath care home
- Travelknowhow Scotland: Working From Home
- "Why it's OK to keep building your brand in a crisis - and how to do it"
- Social Enterprise Scotland: #GoodNewsScot – 11am to 12pm weekdays
- Crieff care home residents receive heartwarming message from Dumfries schoolgirl as she maintains intergenerational links during Coronavirus Crisis
- Resource Efficient Scotland re-branded to Energy Efficiency Business Support Service
- How To Keep Your Zoom Meetings Safe
- Wave FM Community Hub
- The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
- “Circular economy development goes digital"
- New measures introduced for Right to Work checks – including video calls and accepting scanned documents Insight from Gurjit Pall, Immigration law specialist at Thorntons
- How the DVLA deployed a chatbot and improved customer engagement. 3 April 2020