Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
Balhousie Care Group, one of Scotland’s leading providers of quality residential care, is celebrating with four members of its dedicated team having been shortlisted for Scottish Care Awards.
The prestigious awards, which recognise the exceptional work of people across the care sector in Scotland, will announce the winners at a glittering dinner and award ceremony at the Hilton Hotel in Glasgow on November 15, 2019.
Highlighting the diverse roles within the organisation, two chefs have been shortlisted for awards as well as an outstanding carer and leading dementia expert.
Ben Haddow, Head Chef from Balhousie Luncarty care home in Perthshire, has been shortlisted for the Emerging Talent Award, which recognises an individual who is new to the role or has grown into their role and become a shining example to others. Ben began work at Luncarty as a domestic in the laundry team, before becoming a carer. He kept his cooking hobby to himself before impressing with his outstanding culinary skills. He is now Head Chef at the home and thriving in his role with many relatives requesting to eat with residents and sample his delicious dishes.
Shortlisted for the Nutrition and Eating Well Award, Lizzy McNielage is the Head Chef at Balhousie Rumbling Bridge. This award recognises the ‘whole home approach’ to food and nutrition with the care home and nutrition related activities in the care home. Lizzy has taken the lead on a number of initiatives including ‘Round the World’ dishes. This week residents enjoyed South African inspired meals including Mince Bobotie.
Also a National Care Award finalist, Lavinia Tanu, a carer from Balhousie Pitlochry has been shortlisted for Carer of the Year which recognises the consistent role of carers in providing a high standard of quality care. Lavinia, who grew up in Romania, has been providing residents with exceptional care since the Perthshire home opened 10 years ago.
Operations Dementia Manager, Yvonne Manson, has been shortlisted for the Management and Leadership award. Yvonne, a former RCNi Award Winner, oversees up to 100 dementia ‘ambassadors’ across Balhousie’s 25 care homes in the north and east of Scotland and is a leading expert in the field. She will be speaking about the care home group’s highly successful dementia strategy at the Care Show at Birmingham’s NEC next week on October 10.
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer at Balhousie Care Group, said: “Across Balhousie Care Group, there is a reason we call our staff ‘Everyday Heroes’. Seeing such a diverse cross section of our team shortlisted for Scottish Care Awards is fantastic and highlights our commitment to providing the very best care in all aspects of our care provision, from delicious meals for our residents to having an outstanding dementia strategy to delivering exceptional care across our 25 homes on a daily basis. The nominations are very well deserved and we wish all our finalists luck for the awards on November 15.”
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure
- Coronavirus in Care Homes: Balhousie Care Group reveals three months of mixed messages
- Scottish Government: Bee Disease confirmed in Perthshire, 28 May 2020
- Scottish Firms' Confidence Rises but Remains Near Record Low
- Online Arabic Language Course Starts 1 June - 20% discount offered to Perthshire Chamber Members
- Deposit Returns Scheme
- Exercises to Practice When Working
- Scottish Government: BREXIT, 19 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group provides jobs for former Michelin factory workers in latest example of community partnership
- Perthshire Care Home 'hugely touched' by community donations
- Buy Local, Eat Local : How to shop with your local food and drink businesses during lockdown
- £4.2 million C- Voucher funding to SMEs transitioning from Linear to Circular
- FRIDAY 8TH MAY: UK to Observe a Two Minute Silence to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
- Property Viewings Go Virtual
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust Steps in to help 26 Community Projects, 5 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group Media Statement, 2 May 2020
- The Enchanted Forest Announces it is to Cancel the 2020 Event
- PERTHSHIRE CHAMBER TO LAUNCH “RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE PROGRAMME” AND MEMBERSHIP PROMOTIONS TO HELP REGION'S BUSINESSES THROUGH COVID-19
- Scone Palace to launch The Scottish Garden Show
- Balhousie Care Homes join in Live Gig from Singer Kate Nicoll
- Schools, Men's Shed and Local Businesses Provide Visors for Balhouse Care Group Staff
- Virtual youth work plan for PKC young people