Balhousie Care Group partners with award-winning social enterprise to boost its activities programme
Leading Scottish care provider Balhousie Care Group is partnering with award-winning social enterprise Oomph! to give residents an even wider range of activities.
Perth-based Balhousie, which prides itself on meaningful, person-centred activities, has signed up to give each of its 26 care homes access to Oomph! On Demand, a digital platform providing engaging exercise and activity content 365 days a year.
Oomph! On Demand enables residents to tune into live and recorded exercise sessions, including ballet, salsa and Bollywood dancing. They will also be able to enjoy a wide variety of activity resources, from virtual tours of Scotland, to language lessons, and from history talks to music concerts from their armchairs.
The site includes interactive quizzes, activity ideas and an interactive activity calendar. Care home staff and residents will be able to select activities according to their desired wellbeing goal or personal interests.
Balhousie Care Group’s Luncarty home in Perthshire has been shortlisted for a Scottish Care Award for the meaningful activities it provides.
Sheilah Harvey, Head of Operations at Balhousie Care Group, said: “We’re thrilled to announce this important partnership with Oomph! The digital platform is a sign of the times and, in our minds, an important step in keeping our residents stimulated and occupied every day. The Activities Coordinators in each of our homes will oversee the wide range of activities on offer. At this time of intermittent lockdowns, this programme is another string to our bow in providing high quality care.”
Ben Benson, Head of Activities and Wellbeing at Oomph!, said: “Recent times have been very challenging for care home residents. So, we have sharpened our focus on the life-affirming things that older adults can do. The Oomph! On Demand platform is a great opportunity to enhance quality of life in care homes and we are delighted to be partnering with Balhousie to deliver fantastic new opportunities to their residents.”
Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Tz-h9okvU
For more information visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May