Balhousie Care Group develops staff app in record time as it ramps up communication in wake of Coronavirus
Balhousie Care Group has launched a smartphone app for employees, as care home teams pitch in together during a challenging time.
The app, developed in a record 10 days by Balhousie Care's in-house IT team, gives the group's 1400 staff immediate and on-the-go access to company news, tips and guidelines, particularly surrounding Coronavirus.
The app features Coronavirus FAQs, a weekly staff newsletter, and how-to’s on subjects like hand-washing and putting on Personal Protection Equipment. There are also links to the latest news from Balhousie Care's 26 homes.
Jill Kerr, Group CEO of Balhousie Care Group, said: "We had been considering an app dedicated exclusively to our staff for some time. The Coronavirus Crisis has not only brought staff together to lend each other support, it has also led to the need for regular information updates.
"Rules, regulations and policies are being adapted and added to daily. Because of this we've been ramping up our internal communications - strengthening our staff intranet, making staff newsletters weekly rather than monthly, and having more staff briefings.
"Creating an app to bring this all together seemed like a necessary next step. Just as importantly, it’s also a way of sharing and celebrating all the positive news and hard work our staff do.”
Find out more about the company at www.balhousiecare.co.uk
For media enquiries contact Gillian Drummond on 07365 284994 or email@example.com
Photo captions: 1. The Balhousie Care Group staff app; Staff at Balhousie Care Group number 1400 across 36 homes.
About Balhousie Care Group
Balhousie Care Group was formed 27 years ago to fill a gap in quality residential care in North East Scotland. Today, with 25 homes in the area, it is one of the leading providers of care for the elderly in Scotland, providing care to over 900 residents.
Balhousie Care prides itself on its person-centred approach to care. Putting people right at the forefront of everything they do; it’s inclusive of everyone. They capture this philosophy through the roll out of ‘Together We’re Great’, an initiative which recognises the skills, talents,
A Participation Charter - a first-of-its-kind in the care home sector - commits to residents getting a bigger say than ever in the care they receive, from writing care home policies to recruiting staff.
Balhousie Care Group is the recipient of numerous awards. These include three Scottish Care Awards, 2019 Growth Business and 2018 Service Business of the Year at The Courier Business Awards, 2019 Growth Business of the Year Perthshire Chamber of Commerce STAR Award, and SME Scotland Business Man of the Year 2019 for Chairman Tony Banks.
Brand & Communications Manager
Balhousie Care Group
t: 01738 254254 m: 07365 284994
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020