'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
HUNDREDS of business people throughout Perthshire came together last Friday to celebrate innovation and success at this year’s prestigious Business Star Awards.
Perthshire Chamber’s glittering ‘Back for the Future’ awards was back with a bang at Crieff Hydro – after cancellation last year because of Covid.
And Perth’s own football team St Johnstone and local hospitality and catering legend Ian Gibb were also winners on the night, picking up outstanding achievement awards.
Hosted by broadcaster and journalist, Stephen Jardine, and with an upbeat address from Deputy First Minister, John Swinney, the evening saw 11 awards handed out.
And it also saw a change at the top of the Chamber with outgoing president, hotelier Stephen Leckie, handing over the reins to new president, Perth businesswoman Lori McGaffney.
Perthshire Chamber chief executive Vicki Unite said: “It was so good to be able to host our business star awards again after such a difficult time for everyone and I am delighted that the event was a great success.
“I am very grateful for the support of all our sponsors and supporters, and all those who entered the awards and bought tickets, plus our stellar team who made it all happen on the night.
“It was a terrific night and the atmosphere was amazing. People came to celebrate, congratulate and support each other.
“There was a clear message of support and love from our local businesses through the trusted chamber network.
“It was a privilege to be able to highlight so many amazing local businesses and individuals and promote them through our platforms, which will continue well into 2022 and beyond.”
The main sponsor of the awards was innovative Perthshire business Binn Group - Scotland's largest independent and leading provider of integrated recycling and waste management services. And Stagecoach sponsored the bus to take guests from Perth to the event and then back.
Ensuring the night was such a success was valuable support on the night from Background Support, Caithness Glass, Crieff Hydro, Danscot, DeLorean Hire, Flonix, Groove Culture, Instant Image, Johnston Media, Milestone Media, Perthshire Picture Agency, Perthshire Sound and Light, Stagecoach Group and Wee Wraith.
The winners were:
Apprentice of the Year Award sponsored by Castle Water and Perth College UHI
- Brandon Mills from Club 300 Perth
- Highly Commended: Eva Hall from EvaLucia.
Most Promising New Business sponsored by Business Gateway/Elevator and Johnston Carmichael
- ReNu Bathrooms
Best Covid Response and Reinvention Award sponsored by Background Support and Perthshire Advertiser
- Horsecross Arts
- Highly Commended: Graham Hygiene Services
Best Use of Social Media sponsored by Flonix and Wee Wraith
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
Outstanding Young Business Person sponsored by Blackadders and Invest In Perth
- Holly Irvine of Highbeat Digital
- Highly Commended: Hasan Mohammed of Zayns Fast Food
Excellence in Customer Service Award sponsored by Blackhills Specialist Dental Clinic and OCO/Starbucks Perth
- Castle Water (large business)
- Club 300 Perth (small business)
Community Hero (Group) sponsored by ACS Aviation and EvaLucia
Community Hero (Individual)
- Katie McCandless-Thomas of Missing Pets, Perth and Kinross
Outstanding Achievement (Group)
- St Johnstone Football Club
Outstanding Achievement (Individual)
- Ian Gibb
Full details and more pictures from the event can be seen at Business Star Awards.
- COVID-19 Cancellation fund for Cultural Organisations
- Business support for those affected by Omicron control measures
- Food and drink funds open
- Strategic Transport Project Review 2 (STPR2) Formal Consultation
- Rowan Consultancy fundraising news
- Latest VisitScotland/Business Gateway Digital Webinars
- Sustainable sleeping: Crieff Hydro introduces new eco bedding
- Catering to Celebrancy via Covid
- Guildry Want to Get Behind Local Apprenticeships
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate Level Full Details and Booking
- Strategic Transport Projects Review or STPR2 - Scottish Government Recommendations
- Unlocking tax savings through capital allowances
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 18 January 2022
- Professional sport allocated £2.55 million of COVID support
- France to relax travel rules from the UK
- Covid self-isolation in England being cut to five full days
- Scottish business leaders target USA for first in-person trade missions since pandemic began
- Google will spend £730m to 'reinvigorate' its UK offices
- UK economy above pre-Covid levels in November
- COVID 19 Business Support and Continuity Tourism Fund
- SCC: Economic recovery at risk as COVID concerns curtail business growth
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub Closure Fund
- Crowd restrictions lifted for outdoor events