Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
The winner of the prestigious Menu Food and Drink, Chef of the Year award 2019 is to launch a new food business venture with a homegrown focus at the Perth Show.
Alec Cruikshank, managing director of Fonab Farm Foods, will launch Pizza Box by Event Boxes Ltd, the first in an exciting series of converted vintage Rice horse boxes available to hire for private events and festivals, at the Perthshire on a Plate event at Perth Show on Friday, 2 August.
Judges of the Menu Food and Drink Awards were impressed by Alec's sustainable approach to cooking, which will take centre stage in his new business. Since winning the award in March 2019, Alec has been honing-in on his green credentials and will be using the finest Scottish homegrown and foraged ingredients cooked in an authentic Italian wood fired pizza oven.
After its launch at Perth Show on Friday, The Pizza Box, which is already proving popular locally, will serve up at Blair Castle Horse Trials and several private event bookings later in the year.
Talking about the inspiration behind the business, Alec said: "I have been cooking pizzas in a wood fired oven on my smallholding in Pitlochry for several years, using ingredients that have either been grown, foraged, fished or hunted for by myself, so taking the pizzas out on the road seemed like the natural next step.
"I have a real passion for food and the outdoors, which is reflected in my new pizza recipes that are inspired by the Scottish countryside and environment. Perthshire on a Plate at Perth Show is a true celebration of the local food scene and the perfect place to launch the Pizza Box."
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 23 Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 22nd Oct 2020
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Scottish Government Daily Update 21st October
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 20th Oct 2020
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communication Update - 19th Oct 2020
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 16th Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 15th Oct 2020
- Circular Tayside Charter
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government Daily Evening Update 13th October 2020
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- BlueSky Experiences : COVID-19 As A Catalyst for Change Webinar 30 September
- Summary of the COVID measures announced today by First Minister (updated 1804)
- SCC Responds to First Minster Speech 20th October 2020