Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
The winner of the prestigious Menu Food and Drink, Chef of the Year award 2019 is to launch a new food business venture with a homegrown focus at the Perth Show.
Alec Cruikshank, managing director of Fonab Farm Foods, will launch Pizza Box by Event Boxes Ltd, the first in an exciting series of converted vintage Rice horse boxes available to hire for private events and festivals, at the Perthshire on a Plate event at Perth Show on Friday, 2 August.
Judges of the Menu Food and Drink Awards were impressed by Alec's sustainable approach to cooking, which will take centre stage in his new business. Since winning the award in March 2019, Alec has been honing-in on his green credentials and will be using the finest Scottish homegrown and foraged ingredients cooked in an authentic Italian wood fired pizza oven.
After its launch at Perth Show on Friday, The Pizza Box, which is already proving popular locally, will serve up at Blair Castle Horse Trials and several private event bookings later in the year.
Talking about the inspiration behind the business, Alec said: "I have been cooking pizzas in a wood fired oven on my smallholding in Pitlochry for several years, using ingredients that have either been grown, foraged, fished or hunted for by myself, so taking the pizzas out on the road seemed like the natural next step.
"I have a real passion for food and the outdoors, which is reflected in my new pizza recipes that are inspired by the Scottish countryside and environment. Perthshire on a Plate at Perth Show is a true celebration of the local food scene and the perfect place to launch the Pizza Box."
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn