Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
The winner of the prestigious Menu Food and Drink, Chef of the Year award 2019 is to launch a new food business venture with a homegrown focus at the Perth Show.
Alec Cruikshank, managing director of Fonab Farm Foods, will launch Pizza Box by Event Boxes Ltd, the first in an exciting series of converted vintage Rice horse boxes available to hire for private events and festivals, at the Perthshire on a Plate event at Perth Show on Friday, 2 August.
Judges of the Menu Food and Drink Awards were impressed by Alec's sustainable approach to cooking, which will take centre stage in his new business. Since winning the award in March 2019, Alec has been honing-in on his green credentials and will be using the finest Scottish homegrown and foraged ingredients cooked in an authentic Italian wood fired pizza oven.
After its launch at Perth Show on Friday, The Pizza Box, which is already proving popular locally, will serve up at Blair Castle Horse Trials and several private event bookings later in the year.
Talking about the inspiration behind the business, Alec said: "I have been cooking pizzas in a wood fired oven on my smallholding in Pitlochry for several years, using ingredients that have either been grown, foraged, fished or hunted for by myself, so taking the pizzas out on the road seemed like the natural next step.
"I have a real passion for food and the outdoors, which is reflected in my new pizza recipes that are inspired by the Scottish countryside and environment. Perthshire on a Plate at Perth Show is a true celebration of the local food scene and the perfect place to launch the Pizza Box."
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021