Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
The winner of the prestigious Menu Food and Drink, Chef of the Year award 2019 is to launch a new food business venture with a homegrown focus at the Perth Show.
Alec Cruikshank, managing director of Fonab Farm Foods, will launch Pizza Box by Event Boxes Ltd, the first in an exciting series of converted vintage Rice horse boxes available to hire for private events and festivals, at the Perthshire on a Plate event at Perth Show on Friday, 2 August.
Judges of the Menu Food and Drink Awards were impressed by Alec's sustainable approach to cooking, which will take centre stage in his new business. Since winning the award in March 2019, Alec has been honing-in on his green credentials and will be using the finest Scottish homegrown and foraged ingredients cooked in an authentic Italian wood fired pizza oven.
After its launch at Perth Show on Friday, The Pizza Box, which is already proving popular locally, will serve up at Blair Castle Horse Trials and several private event bookings later in the year.
Talking about the inspiration behind the business, Alec said: "I have been cooking pizzas in a wood fired oven on my smallholding in Pitlochry for several years, using ingredients that have either been grown, foraged, fished or hunted for by myself, so taking the pizzas out on the road seemed like the natural next step.
"I have a real passion for food and the outdoors, which is reflected in my new pizza recipes that are inspired by the Scottish countryside and environment. Perthshire on a Plate at Perth Show is a true celebration of the local food scene and the perfect place to launch the Pizza Box."
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business