Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
The winner of the prestigious Menu Food and Drink, Chef of the Year award 2019 is to launch a new food business venture with a homegrown focus at the Perth Show.
Alec Cruikshank, managing director of Fonab Farm Foods, will launch Pizza Box by Event Boxes Ltd, the first in an exciting series of converted vintage Rice horse boxes available to hire for private events and festivals, at the Perthshire on a Plate event at Perth Show on Friday, 2 August.
Judges of the Menu Food and Drink Awards were impressed by Alec's sustainable approach to cooking, which will take centre stage in his new business. Since winning the award in March 2019, Alec has been honing-in on his green credentials and will be using the finest Scottish homegrown and foraged ingredients cooked in an authentic Italian wood fired pizza oven.
After its launch at Perth Show on Friday, The Pizza Box, which is already proving popular locally, will serve up at Blair Castle Horse Trials and several private event bookings later in the year.
Talking about the inspiration behind the business, Alec said: "I have been cooking pizzas in a wood fired oven on my smallholding in Pitlochry for several years, using ingredients that have either been grown, foraged, fished or hunted for by myself, so taking the pizzas out on the road seemed like the natural next step.
"I have a real passion for food and the outdoors, which is reflected in my new pizza recipes that are inspired by the Scottish countryside and environment. Perthshire on a Plate at Perth Show is a true celebration of the local food scene and the perfect place to launch the Pizza Box."
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access