Are you ready for the ISDN switchoff?
Are you ready?......
Like many, you will have heard that BT/ Openreach are looking to switch off ISDN, or to you and I, phonelines in the UK. It is not just business phone lines either, it includes home telephone lines. They want this completed by 2025.
Don’t panic, it is not happening overnight, however, it is happening a bit quicker than we though as some exchanges are already being decommission in Scotland. Due to this being a pretty big deal, a lot of telecom suppliers are doing a bit of scaremongering. Advising businesses that if they do not change to a hosted or VoIP solution now, they will be cut off from their customers. Some are even advising that unless they change system and service, they will lose their business phone number!
Some telecom suppliers are advising that you will need to completely change your existing system. This might not actually be true as some systems can be converted to use SIP. So you would not need to fork out on expensive new equipment with a lengthy new lease that will tie you down for years to come.
So let’s keep this brief and factual. Yes, you will, eventually, have to move to VoIP. (basically calls will go over your broadband connection rather than your phone lines.)
However, also consider what other services your lines currently support. Alarms, door entry systems, EPOS systems, etc.
So, 2025? Why do I need to look at this just now? For the reasons above. There is a lot to consider no matter what size your company is. If you have not already, try and find some time to look into this change and the many options you have as a business.
Target Communications are providing consultations to businesses throughout Scotland to help guide them to a solution that matches their requirements individually.
Contact their team today for your free, no obligation review.
0333 366 0116
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax