ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
The ARCHIE Foundation is looking for cyclists to join record-breaking athlete for a 265-mile fundraising adventure around Scotland.
Cyclist Mark Beaumont, a patron of the children’s hospital charity, is heading up a team of riders on a journey between the three hospitals ARCHIE supports – Tayside Children’s Hospital in Dundee, the Highland Children’s Unit in Inverness and the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospitals.
The charity is looking for 30 keen cyclists to take part in the two-day event, which offers the chance for bike enthusiasts to take on the challenge of a lifetime and spend time with Mark, who currently holds the record for cycling around the world.
All the money raised by ARCHIE and Mark’s Big Bike Ride will go towards ARCHIE’s grants scheme, which supports families with children in hospital by helping them with travel, food and accommodation costs.
Mark said: “ARCHIE supports children’s hospitals in Tayside, Grampian and Highlands; and one way in which they do this is by providing emergency funding to families that have a child receiving hospital care.
“Be that for travel, accommodation, or just a cup of tea and a chat for some support in a much-needed time, this funding is invaluable.
“I am very proud to be an ARCHIE patron and have supported them for a number of years. This year, I thought I’d get on my bike and encourage others to do the same.”
The event takes place on April 26 and 27. Riders pay a £250 joining up fee and are asked to raise at least £1000 each. For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 10th February, 3-4 PM
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 20th January 2121
- Scottish Government Daily Update: Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum