ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
The ARCHIE Foundation is looking for cyclists to join record-breaking athlete for a 265-mile fundraising adventure around Scotland.
Cyclist Mark Beaumont, a patron of the children’s hospital charity, is heading up a team of riders on a journey between the three hospitals ARCHIE supports – Tayside Children’s Hospital in Dundee, the Highland Children’s Unit in Inverness and the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospitals.
The charity is looking for 30 keen cyclists to take part in the two-day event, which offers the chance for bike enthusiasts to take on the challenge of a lifetime and spend time with Mark, who currently holds the record for cycling around the world.
All the money raised by ARCHIE and Mark’s Big Bike Ride will go towards ARCHIE’s grants scheme, which supports families with children in hospital by helping them with travel, food and accommodation costs.
Mark said: “ARCHIE supports children’s hospitals in Tayside, Grampian and Highlands; and one way in which they do this is by providing emergency funding to families that have a child receiving hospital care.
“Be that for travel, accommodation, or just a cup of tea and a chat for some support in a much-needed time, this funding is invaluable.
“I am very proud to be an ARCHIE patron and have supported them for a number of years. This year, I thought I’d get on my bike and encourage others to do the same.”
The event takes place on April 26 and 27. Riders pay a £250 joining up fee and are asked to raise at least £1000 each. For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn