ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
The ARCHIE Foundation is looking for cyclists to join record-breaking athlete for a 265-mile fundraising adventure around Scotland.
Cyclist Mark Beaumont, a patron of the children’s hospital charity, is heading up a team of riders on a journey between the three hospitals ARCHIE supports – Tayside Children’s Hospital in Dundee, the Highland Children’s Unit in Inverness and the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospitals.
The charity is looking for 30 keen cyclists to take part in the two-day event, which offers the chance for bike enthusiasts to take on the challenge of a lifetime and spend time with Mark, who currently holds the record for cycling around the world.
All the money raised by ARCHIE and Mark’s Big Bike Ride will go towards ARCHIE’s grants scheme, which supports families with children in hospital by helping them with travel, food and accommodation costs.
Mark said: “ARCHIE supports children’s hospitals in Tayside, Grampian and Highlands; and one way in which they do this is by providing emergency funding to families that have a child receiving hospital care.
“Be that for travel, accommodation, or just a cup of tea and a chat for some support in a much-needed time, this funding is invaluable.
“I am very proud to be an ARCHIE patron and have supported them for a number of years. This year, I thought I’d get on my bike and encourage others to do the same.”
The event takes place on April 26 and 27. Riders pay a £250 joining up fee and are asked to raise at least £1000 each. For more information or to register, email email@example.com
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business