ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
The ARCHIE Foundation is looking for cyclists to join record-breaking athlete for a 265-mile fundraising adventure around Scotland.
Cyclist Mark Beaumont, a patron of the children’s hospital charity, is heading up a team of riders on a journey between the three hospitals ARCHIE supports – Tayside Children’s Hospital in Dundee, the Highland Children’s Unit in Inverness and the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospitals.
The charity is looking for 30 keen cyclists to take part in the two-day event, which offers the chance for bike enthusiasts to take on the challenge of a lifetime and spend time with Mark, who currently holds the record for cycling around the world.
All the money raised by ARCHIE and Mark’s Big Bike Ride will go towards ARCHIE’s grants scheme, which supports families with children in hospital by helping them with travel, food and accommodation costs.
Mark said: “ARCHIE supports children’s hospitals in Tayside, Grampian and Highlands; and one way in which they do this is by providing emergency funding to families that have a child receiving hospital care.
“Be that for travel, accommodation, or just a cup of tea and a chat for some support in a much-needed time, this funding is invaluable.
“I am very proud to be an ARCHIE patron and have supported them for a number of years. This year, I thought I’d get on my bike and encourage others to do the same.”
The event takes place on April 26 and 27. Riders pay a £250 joining up fee and are asked to raise at least £1000 each. For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure