ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
The ARCHIE Foundation is looking for cyclists to join record-breaking athlete for a 265-mile fundraising adventure around Scotland.
Cyclist Mark Beaumont, a patron of the children’s hospital charity, is heading up a team of riders on a journey between the three hospitals ARCHIE supports – Tayside Children’s Hospital in Dundee, the Highland Children’s Unit in Inverness and the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospitals.
The charity is looking for 30 keen cyclists to take part in the two-day event, which offers the chance for bike enthusiasts to take on the challenge of a lifetime and spend time with Mark, who currently holds the record for cycling around the world.
All the money raised by ARCHIE and Mark’s Big Bike Ride will go towards ARCHIE’s grants scheme, which supports families with children in hospital by helping them with travel, food and accommodation costs.
Mark said: “ARCHIE supports children’s hospitals in Tayside, Grampian and Highlands; and one way in which they do this is by providing emergency funding to families that have a child receiving hospital care.
“Be that for travel, accommodation, or just a cup of tea and a chat for some support in a much-needed time, this funding is invaluable.
“I am very proud to be an ARCHIE patron and have supported them for a number of years. This year, I thought I’d get on my bike and encourage others to do the same.”
The event takes place on April 26 and 27. Riders pay a £250 joining up fee and are asked to raise at least £1000 each. For more information or to register, email email@example.com
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021