Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
Balhousie Coupar Angus has appointed a new Care Home Manager, Amanda Sword.
Amanda, a resident of Blairgowrie, plans to strengthen the care home’s links with the local community, and is inviting residents and their relatives to have even more of an input on the care home’s operations.
She said: “Balhousie Coupar Angus is a lovely purpose-built home with a warm and friendly atmosphere. I am keen to involve everyone in how we continue to develop the home, and I am looking forward to working with the staff team, relatives and residents and hearing their ideas for making what is already a lovely home even better.”
Amanda joins the 41-bedroom home from her role as manager of Beech Manor care home in Blairgowrie. Originally from Dundee, Amanda worked as a nurse at Dundee Royal Infirmary and the Royal Victoria Hospital in Dundee. It was at the Royal Victoria that she developed her love for caring for old persons and for palliative care. After a move to the Cottage Hospital in Blairgowrie, she gained further experience in care for the elderly and dementia care, before joining the private care home sector in 2011.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021