Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
Balhousie Coupar Angus has appointed a new Care Home Manager, Amanda Sword.
Amanda, a resident of Blairgowrie, plans to strengthen the care home’s links with the local community, and is inviting residents and their relatives to have even more of an input on the care home’s operations.
She said: “Balhousie Coupar Angus is a lovely purpose-built home with a warm and friendly atmosphere. I am keen to involve everyone in how we continue to develop the home, and I am looking forward to working with the staff team, relatives and residents and hearing their ideas for making what is already a lovely home even better.”
Amanda joins the 41-bedroom home from her role as manager of Beech Manor care home in Blairgowrie. Originally from Dundee, Amanda worked as a nurse at Dundee Royal Infirmary and the Royal Victoria Hospital in Dundee. It was at the Royal Victoria that she developed her love for caring for old persons and for palliative care. After a move to the Cottage Hospital in Blairgowrie, she gained further experience in care for the elderly and dementia care, before joining the private care home sector in 2011.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"