Action plan published to identify new markets and opportunities for tech sector
A plan to help the technology sector reach new international markets has been published.
Produced in partnership with industry experts, the Export Plan for Scotland’s Technology Sector identifies opportunities to build on strengths in key areas, including digital technologies and advanced manufacturing.
Following the publication of the National Strategy for Economic Transformation, this action plan aims to encourage better collaboration between industry, the public sector and the Scottish Government to unlock economic opportunities and better promote tech businesses internationally.
The Trading Nation strategy included a commitment to create a sector export plan for the technology sector.
In 2021, there were 10,395 VAT/PAYE registered businesses in the technology sector, which equated to 5.8% of the VAT/PAYE registered businesses in Scotland’s private sector. These businesses provide 83,610 jobs and have a total turnover of £21.6 billion.
- Accounting, Administration and Business Taster Sessions at Perth College UHI
- Almost a quarter of Scottish businesses hit by more late payments as inflation rises
- Ukraine invasion could cause global food crisis, UN warns
- Low Carbon Manufacturing Challenge Fund
- Global Business Dinner
- Retail sales jump in April driven by cigarettes and alcohol
- UK and Mexico launch trade talks
- Dunfermline to become Scotland's eighth city
- Carbon backs the Bill McLaren Foundation golf day
- Fresh experience earns food award for Perthshire country estate
- Royal visitors unveil plaque at Crieff Jubilee Woodland
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Celebrating Celebrancy success: Andrew D Scott Celebrant wins Global Wedding Award
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open