Action plan published to identify new markets and opportunities for tech sector
A plan to help the technology sector reach new international markets has been published.
Produced in partnership with industry experts, the Export Plan for Scotland’s Technology Sector identifies opportunities to build on strengths in key areas, including digital technologies and advanced manufacturing.
Following the publication of the National Strategy for Economic Transformation, this action plan aims to encourage better collaboration between industry, the public sector and the Scottish Government to unlock economic opportunities and better promote tech businesses internationally.
The Trading Nation strategy included a commitment to create a sector export plan for the technology sector.
In 2021, there were 10,395 VAT/PAYE registered businesses in the technology sector, which equated to 5.8% of the VAT/PAYE registered businesses in Scotland’s private sector. These businesses provide 83,610 jobs and have a total turnover of £21.6 billion.
- RIVER TAY SPORTS HUB LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE
- Family-run Scottish hotels recognised with business accolade
- Half of small business owners forced to increase prices, report finds
- Sizewell C nuclear plant gets go-ahead from UK government
- ScotRail announces reintroduction of timetable
- UK inflation reaches new 40-year high of 9.4%
- CGI ecosystem partner search
- First direct China-Scotland container service launched
- Eurozone raises interest rates for first time in 11 years
- UK debt interest reaches record high as inflation soars
- Recovery Loan Scheme Extended
- Balhousie Care Group bolsters senior team with appointment of leading figure in health and social care
- Scottish Law Firm Supports Charity Aiding Vulnerable People Around the World
- Big Butterfly Count and Tayside Recorders' Day Call to Action
- Businesses who import or export goods are urged to prepare for UK customs declaration system changes
- Raft of Promotions and New Talent Intake for Azets in Scotland
- Blair Castle International Horse Trials 2022
- The WM Mann Foundation Supports Glenalmond Education for Ukrainian pupil
- Binn Group Golf Day Champions Local Charities
- KILMAC Tee-Up Support for Perth Festival
- Stagecoach recognises star employees across the country
- Over 300,000 Tax Credits Customers Have One Month Left to Renew
- Energy Companies' Customer Service Hits Record Low
- Scottish Police Officers Set to Take Action in Pay Dispute