Aberdein Considine strengthens Tayside Private Client team with Partner appointment
One of Scotland’s leading divorce and family lawyers has switched firms to join Aberdein Considine.
Leonie Burke – a family law practitioner with almost 20 years’ experience – has left Brodies to join the rapidly-expanding legal firm as a Partner. Leonie will be supporting clients across Perth and Dundee.
Leonie is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as both a Family Law Specialist and as a Family Law Mediator. She also comes recommended by both Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, the world’s top independent legal guides.
She joins Aberdein Considine as it seeks to become one of Scotland’s top private client firms.
With 19 offices and a headcount of just under 500, the firm is now one of the country’s largest – and following a number of acquisitions has been heavily focussed on expanding its legal teams and specialisms.
Managing Partner Jacqueline Law, said Leonie’s appointment was a significant milestone for the firm’s Family Law Practice.
“We offer legal, property and financial advice from every one of our offices – a unique and powerful blend when it comes to matters of family law,” she said.
“As a consequence, our Family Law team is now being recognised by industry guides as offering quality advice, particularly in high-value divorce matters.
“The addition of Leonie to the team is a significant milestone and she joins what is a growing wider private client practice. We are delighted to have her on board.”
Having graduated with an LLB (Hons) from the University of Aberdeen in 1999, Leonie brings two decades of experience in a range of fields, but primarily family law, including financial provision and child law.
She provides advice on non-contentious matters as well as representing individuals in actions raised in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session. She has particular expertise in cases involving international aspects and complex business assets.
Leonie is a qualified Collaborative Family Lawyer, a member of Consensus (formerly the Scottish Collaborative Family Law Group) and the International Academy of Collaborative professionals.
Ruth Aberdein, Head of Family Law at Aberdein Considine said: “Leonie is an extremely well-qualified and experienced family lawyer and we’re delighted that she has decided to join the firm.
“She is well known and highly respected throughout the family legal sector, and her work has been recognised by both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
“This is a growing area for the firm and Leonie’s addition to the team will be critical in helping us to continue providing the counsel and advice our clients expect.
Nineteen of the firm’s lawyers were ranked and received personal recommendations in the 2020 edition of the Legal 500. The firm itself is ranked across eight practice areas and for the fifth year running has been awarded coveted “Top Tier” status. The accolade is in the field of Debt Recovery, with the firm also recognised for its Corporate and Commercial law, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Employment Law and Family Law work. Ruth Aberdein, Head of Family Law was named among Legal 500’s “Legal Individuals”.
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK