Aberdein Considine strengthens Tayside Private Client team with Partner appointment
One of Scotland’s leading divorce and family lawyers has switched firms to join Aberdein Considine.
Leonie Burke – a family law practitioner with almost 20 years’ experience – has left Brodies to join the rapidly-expanding legal firm as a Partner. Leonie will be supporting clients across Perth and Dundee.
Leonie is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as both a Family Law Specialist and as a Family Law Mediator. She also comes recommended by both Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, the world’s top independent legal guides.
She joins Aberdein Considine as it seeks to become one of Scotland’s top private client firms.
With 19 offices and a headcount of just under 500, the firm is now one of the country’s largest – and following a number of acquisitions has been heavily focussed on expanding its legal teams and specialisms.
Managing Partner Jacqueline Law, said Leonie’s appointment was a significant milestone for the firm’s Family Law Practice.
“We offer legal, property and financial advice from every one of our offices – a unique and powerful blend when it comes to matters of family law,” she said.
“As a consequence, our Family Law team is now being recognised by industry guides as offering quality advice, particularly in high-value divorce matters.
“The addition of Leonie to the team is a significant milestone and she joins what is a growing wider private client practice. We are delighted to have her on board.”
Having graduated with an LLB (Hons) from the University of Aberdeen in 1999, Leonie brings two decades of experience in a range of fields, but primarily family law, including financial provision and child law.
She provides advice on non-contentious matters as well as representing individuals in actions raised in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session. She has particular expertise in cases involving international aspects and complex business assets.
Leonie is a qualified Collaborative Family Lawyer, a member of Consensus (formerly the Scottish Collaborative Family Law Group) and the International Academy of Collaborative professionals.
Ruth Aberdein, Head of Family Law at Aberdein Considine said: “Leonie is an extremely well-qualified and experienced family lawyer and we’re delighted that she has decided to join the firm.
“She is well known and highly respected throughout the family legal sector, and her work has been recognised by both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
“This is a growing area for the firm and Leonie’s addition to the team will be critical in helping us to continue providing the counsel and advice our clients expect.
Nineteen of the firm’s lawyers were ranked and received personal recommendations in the 2020 edition of the Legal 500. The firm itself is ranked across eight practice areas and for the fifth year running has been awarded coveted “Top Tier” status. The accolade is in the field of Debt Recovery, with the firm also recognised for its Corporate and Commercial law, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Employment Law and Family Law work. Ruth Aberdein, Head of Family Law was named among Legal 500’s “Legal Individuals”.
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'