Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
As the world’s economy continues to power back up, Scottish businesses are being urged to grab the global opportunities on offer.
The Scottish Chambers of Commerce network is leading a delegation that is showcasing the best of national luxury products and experiences. And it’s looking for businesses ready to take to the international stage.
The seven-day mission to the World Expo in Dubai runs from 27 November to 3 December. It offers Scottish firms the chance to connect with hundreds of potential new partners in a single visit.
The event is one of the first major in-person events as the world emerges from the COVID pandemic and it will welcome more than 25million visitors and 190 countries from around the world.
The trade delegation is designed to promote the richness and range of ways to enjoy Scottish luxury. From its world class seafood and spirits, through its renowned reputation for textiles and manufacturing, it aims to market Scottish luxury experiences to the world.
The international appeal of Scotland’s glorious scenery and unrivalled hospitality also makes the World Expo an unmissable event for leisure destinations.
Along with the support of 30 local Chambers across Scotland, Scottish Chambers is using its global links through the international Chamber network to set up meetings with hand-picked companies from around the world.
It will guide businesses through the experience, linking them with the perfect connections and events for their particular product or service.
Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Chief Executive of the Scottish Chambers of Commerce said:
“We are taking Scotland to the world to showcase the best of Scottish luxury.
“Our international Chamber network has a well-deserved reputation for making vital connections and this opportunity comes at a unique point in time.
“Businesses can build on the established and deserved reputation Scotland already enjoys with a rare opportunity to get a global overview of how trends are changing.
“Food and drink is the largest industry for international exports but the potential across all sectors is huge, with over £33billion of trade – excluding oil & gas – and this continues to grow.
“The access our delegation will have to our top export destinations is unrivalled, with the US, France, Germany and the Netherlands all hosting pavilions and events at the Expo.
“We are ambitious for Scottish business and this is the ideal opportunity to reconnect with the world.”
- Rowan Consultancy fundraising news
- Latest VisitScotland/Business Gateway Digital Webinars
- Sustainable sleeping: Crieff Hydro introduces new eco bedding
- Catering to Celebrancy via Covid
- Guildry Want to Get Behind Local Apprenticeships
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate Level Full Details and Booking
- Strategic Transport Projects Review or STPR2 - Scottish Government Recommendations
- Unlocking tax savings through capital allowances
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 18 January 2022
- Professional sport allocated £2.55 million of COVID support
- France to relax travel rules from the UK
- Covid self-isolation in England being cut to five full days
- Scottish business leaders target USA for first in-person trade missions since pandemic began
- Google will spend £730m to 'reinvigorate' its UK offices
- UK economy above pre-Covid levels in November
- COVID 19 Business Support and Continuity Tourism Fund
- SCC: Economic recovery at risk as COVID concerns curtail business growth
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub Closure Fund
- Crowd restrictions lifted for outdoor events
- ScotWind offshore auction raises £700m
- Introduction to Excel Full Details and Booking
- The DigitalBoost Development Grant has reopened
- Perth event is designed to support the recovery of tourism businesses