£4 million investment announced for Scotland’s islands
The Scottish Government has announced a £4 million funding package to help improve infrastructure on Scotland’s islands.
The capital investment will be allocated to the six island local authorities to fund the improvement, creation or safeguarding of locally developed infrastructure projects.
The funding is part of the £30 million Islands Programme, established to support the implementation of the National Islands Plan – a landmark strategy to improve the quality of life for island communities with 13 objectives, and over 100 specific measures to address population decline, tackle climate change and improve transport, housing, the delivery of public services and digital connectivity.
£4 million is committed against the Islands Programme for the financial year of 2022/23. The Programme will be delivered in partnership with local government and open to applications from the six island local authorities. It will follow a competitive process in partnership with the local authorities with a submission deadline date of 10 June 2022.
An Investment Panel will be established to assess and make recommendations for annual awards. The investment panel will receive strategic direction from the Scottish Government Islands Team and the ‘Islands Programme’ Programme Board. Final decision-making rests with Scottish Government Ministers.
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May
- SMEs likely to be hit hardest with interest rate rise
- GS Group boosts Dundee presence
- New Head of Sustainability for Bidwells
- Gillespie Macandrew bolsters planning team with the appointment of Sandy Telfer
- Scotland 5GCentre Innovation Challenge Live
- Funding open for Highlands and Islands green innovations in marine sector
- Scottish census deadline extended after poor response
- House prices up 12% but rises expected to slow, says Nationwide
- Number of firms in critical financial distress rises sharply
- TalentScotland Immigration Update
- Scotland's Tech Sector Back In Growth Mode
- Free online Climate Emergency Training for people across Scotland
- UK factories raise prices at record pace