£3.75 million to improve rural connectivity
Mobile coverage in some of the most rural parts of Scotland will be improved with an additional £3.75 million investment from the Scottish Government.
A further nine masts are earmarked for the Scottish Borders, Highlands, Angus and island communities, along with three to replace masts removed earlier this year.
Marking the latest phase of the Scottish 4G Infill (S4GI) infrastructure programme, the masts aims to provide more rural homes and businesses with 4G mobile connectivity for the first time.
It takes the total funding package for the programme, being delivered by WHP Telecoms, to £28.75 million.
The 12 new mast locations are: Deanburnhaugh; Ham; The Craigs; Kinlochard; Inverie (formerly referred to as Mallaig); Kenmore; Ellemford; Berneray Harbour; Rottal (formerly referred to as Clova); Stronachlachar; Achnosnich; Kilchoman.
The latest locations are subject to the programme successfully obtaining planning permissions, landowner agreements approval and mobile network operator commitments.
- VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Cultural Organisations and Arts Venues Funding Round 2
- Thimblerow Development Brief Consultation
- Significant New Appointment in Azets Aberdeen Office
- Carbon Webinars are ON THE BALL!
- New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
- Green Jobs Funding Call
- £26 Million For Digital Skills
- Test and Protect Update on COVID-19 Testing
- Glenalmond College - Virtual Open Day, June 19th
- Lindsays: The Right To Disconnect
- Kickstart for Aaron
- Hotel Group Partners With Respitality Scotland
- Bank of Scotland Academy Has Launched
- Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
- Aircraft Decommissioning Pathway
- New Managing Partner at Thorntons
- UK set for stronger post-Covid recovery, says OECD
- Deadline to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - 30th June
- VisitScotland Destination and Sector Marketing Fund - Applications Open
- Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
- First Minister Sets Out Priorities For Government
- Open for Business Fund - Perth & Kinross Council