£26 Million For Digital Skills
Around 23,000 people will be given new online skills and training to help improve their chances of securing a job or to reduce isolation.
The £26 million Connecting Scotland programme, which helps those on lower incomes and groups like the elderly, will offer online training skills as well as providing people with devices like iPads and Chromebooks, and unlimited data for two years.
This builds upon previous funding aimed at helping more people access the internet, include those who were at high risk from COVID-19, care home residents, disadvantaged families with children and young people leaving care. This latest funding also provides an existing group of 36,000 recipients with another year of unlimited data.
Organisations can apply for phase 3 funding until 5 July.
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.
- BlueSky Experiences launch new ground breaking virtual team building game: The Virtual Supply Chain!
- DC Thomson Media Events - Upcoming Conferences - Register your free place now
- Circular Tayside: Live webinars – Consultation on restrictions to single-use plastics
- Thorntons Employment Law Webinar: Managing Employees Remotely
- New immigration rules looming as Brexit approaches
- Gov.Scot (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Circular Tayside: Food Redistribution Matchmaking Service from Zero Waste Scotland
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Circular Tayside Charter