£26 Million For Digital Skills
Around 23,000 people will be given new online skills and training to help improve their chances of securing a job or to reduce isolation.
The £26 million Connecting Scotland programme, which helps those on lower incomes and groups like the elderly, will offer online training skills as well as providing people with devices like iPads and Chromebooks, and unlimited data for two years.
This builds upon previous funding aimed at helping more people access the internet, include those who were at high risk from COVID-19, care home residents, disadvantaged families with children and young people leaving care. This latest funding also provides an existing group of 36,000 recipients with another year of unlimited data.
Organisations can apply for phase 3 funding until 5 July.
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer