£26 Million For Digital Skills
Around 23,000 people will be given new online skills and training to help improve their chances of securing a job or to reduce isolation.
The £26 million Connecting Scotland programme, which helps those on lower incomes and groups like the elderly, will offer online training skills as well as providing people with devices like iPads and Chromebooks, and unlimited data for two years.
This builds upon previous funding aimed at helping more people access the internet, include those who were at high risk from COVID-19, care home residents, disadvantaged families with children and young people leaving care. This latest funding also provides an existing group of 36,000 recipients with another year of unlimited data.
Organisations can apply for phase 3 funding until 5 July.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club