Holiday vouchers, discounts for days out and a marketing fund are included in a new £25 million tourism recovery programme.
Speaking at the Scottish Tourism Alliance conference, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced the funding to support the sector’s recovery from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The programme, which has been developed by the Scottish Tourism Emergency Response Group (STERG) in partnership with businesses, will support the Scottish Tourism Recovery Taskforce objectives.
The recovery programme includes:
- a holiday voucher scheme to create a more socially sustainable and inclusive tourism industry
- a days out incentive scheme to support areas such as attractions, tours, activities and experiences
- a talent development and leadership programme for tourism and hospitality staff
- a Net Zero Pathway to make Scotland’s tourism industry more green and sustainable
- a marketing fund to support organisations to promote their destination or sector when domestic travel is able to resume
Further details on the allocation of funds will be set out in due course.
For source and more information follow this link gov.scot