150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
A gallery of images from the night can be found on the Business Star Awards website here.
There were five star celebrations as Crieff Hydro Hotel lifted Perthshire’s premier business award at the weekend.
The fifth-generation family business was crowned the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce “Business Of The Year 2019” at a glittering Star Awards ceremony at the annual celebration.
Crieff Hydro’s General Manager Kristian Campbell and his staff celebrated winning both the Excellence in Customer Service and the Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality category awards before going on to claim the coveted overall trophy.
A sell-out audience of over 400 heard how Crieff Hydro Hotel captured the judges’ vote for their “continuous investment, development and innovation plus a proven commitment to their staff and customers” in every aspect of their business.
Chamber CE, Vicki Unite, described the winner as exemplary in both the Tourism and Leisure sectors with customer service at the heart of everything they do. She praised the 600-strong workforce for the company’s impressive growth and constant innovation.
“Crieff Hydro impressed our judges across the board,” she said, “showing a commitment to their staff, their customers and also their many suppliers. This is an extremely competitive sector and their constant investment and development, fueled by creative vision and drive for success, keeps this much-loved, valued and respected holiday destination at the fore, with wide reaching economic benefits. The business demonstrates top-notch customer service, with customer feedback being used to directly influence investment and refurbishment strategies in a bid to meet and exceed customer expectations and ensure sustainability. We are truly lucky to have such an impressive business in Perthshire.”
Crieff Hydro is one of Scotland’s, and the UK’s, leading leisure destinations. Located within 920 stunning acres in the heart of rural Perthshire, it is a go-to resort for families, couples, friends’ gatherings, spa breaks, action weekends, weddings and conferences. Originally a hydropathic establishment for over 150 years, the 2019 award winning Scottish family hotel of year is known for its heritage and tradition, adrenaline-fueled activities, food and personality and fun. It has been the home of the Chamber’s Annual Dinner and Business Star Awards for over a decade and never fails to deliver an outstanding evening.
A delighted Kristian Campbell revealed that the highlight for him was the boost it would give to his delighted staff, some of whom were attending the awards ceremony, and were “completely blown away” by their success in two separate categories.
“Then to be announced as Perthshire Business of the Year 2019 was the icing on the cake,” he said, “and very humbling. We’re absolutely thrilled. It means a lot to every one of us.
“We are a very hard working and passionate company and this hat-trick emphasises that we’re doing the right things well and we can all celebrate this great success together. We work hard to create and foster an inclusive culture and internal leadership and have many entrepreneurs bringing ideas to the table to shape and achieve our vision.”
Mr Campbell said winning was a real achievement after experiencing the robust judging process and scrutiny of the Business Star Awards.
“It is a considerable accolade to achieve recognition from such a cross-section of respected business leaders. To be acknowledged in front of our local business community and promoted to so many existing and potential customers, suppliers and employees is a special aspect that the Perthshire Chamber’s Business Star Awards provide,” he said.
A new category introduced this year saw Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA) crowned the Health & Wellbeing Business of the Year winner.
In total, 17 new Business Stars shone at the 2019 showcase, recognising and rewarding outstanding contributions across the whole spectrum of local business – from new to established, micro to large to central and rural, right across a raft of sectors. Allan MacGregor, Chief Executive of Main Sponsor, Binn Group, said this year’s event had proved “an outstanding celebration of business excellence”.
“Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Business Star Awards repeatedly delivers a tremendous celebration of the vibrant business community in this area and this was the best yet” he added. “It’s wonderful to be able to give them a platform on which to shine and to showcase the amazing quality of businesses based here. The most amazing thing is the amount of genuine goodwill and delight for those who have sponsored, reached the finals and won. It really is a uniquely supportive atmosphere and Binn Group loves being a part of it.”
This news item with logos and pictures plus images from the night can be found on the Business Star Awards website here.
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021