150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
A gallery of images from the night can be found on the Business Star Awards website here.
There were five star celebrations as Crieff Hydro Hotel lifted Perthshire’s premier business award at the weekend.
The fifth-generation family business was crowned the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce “Business Of The Year 2019” at a glittering Star Awards ceremony at the annual celebration.
Crieff Hydro’s General Manager Kristian Campbell and his staff celebrated winning both the Excellence in Customer Service and the Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality category awards before going on to claim the coveted overall trophy.
A sell-out audience of over 400 heard how Crieff Hydro Hotel captured the judges’ vote for their “continuous investment, development and innovation plus a proven commitment to their staff and customers” in every aspect of their business.
Chamber CE, Vicki Unite, described the winner as exemplary in both the Tourism and Leisure sectors with customer service at the heart of everything they do. She praised the 600-strong workforce for the company’s impressive growth and constant innovation.
“Crieff Hydro impressed our judges across the board,” she said, “showing a commitment to their staff, their customers and also their many suppliers. This is an extremely competitive sector and their constant investment and development, fueled by creative vision and drive for success, keeps this much-loved, valued and respected holiday destination at the fore, with wide reaching economic benefits. The business demonstrates top-notch customer service, with customer feedback being used to directly influence investment and refurbishment strategies in a bid to meet and exceed customer expectations and ensure sustainability. We are truly lucky to have such an impressive business in Perthshire.”
Crieff Hydro is one of Scotland’s, and the UK’s, leading leisure destinations. Located within 920 stunning acres in the heart of rural Perthshire, it is a go-to resort for families, couples, friends’ gatherings, spa breaks, action weekends, weddings and conferences. Originally a hydropathic establishment for over 150 years, the 2019 award winning Scottish family hotel of year is known for its heritage and tradition, adrenaline-fueled activities, food and personality and fun. It has been the home of the Chamber’s Annual Dinner and Business Star Awards for over a decade and never fails to deliver an outstanding evening.
A delighted Kristian Campbell revealed that the highlight for him was the boost it would give to his delighted staff, some of whom were attending the awards ceremony, and were “completely blown away” by their success in two separate categories.
“Then to be announced as Perthshire Business of the Year 2019 was the icing on the cake,” he said, “and very humbling. We’re absolutely thrilled. It means a lot to every one of us.
“We are a very hard working and passionate company and this hat-trick emphasises that we’re doing the right things well and we can all celebrate this great success together. We work hard to create and foster an inclusive culture and internal leadership and have many entrepreneurs bringing ideas to the table to shape and achieve our vision.”
Mr Campbell said winning was a real achievement after experiencing the robust judging process and scrutiny of the Business Star Awards.
“It is a considerable accolade to achieve recognition from such a cross-section of respected business leaders. To be acknowledged in front of our local business community and promoted to so many existing and potential customers, suppliers and employees is a special aspect that the Perthshire Chamber’s Business Star Awards provide,” he said.
A new category introduced this year saw Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA) crowned the Health & Wellbeing Business of the Year winner.
In total, 17 new Business Stars shone at the 2019 showcase, recognising and rewarding outstanding contributions across the whole spectrum of local business – from new to established, micro to large to central and rural, right across a raft of sectors. Allan MacGregor, Chief Executive of Main Sponsor, Binn Group, said this year’s event had proved “an outstanding celebration of business excellence”.
“Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Business Star Awards repeatedly delivers a tremendous celebration of the vibrant business community in this area and this was the best yet” he added. “It’s wonderful to be able to give them a platform on which to shine and to showcase the amazing quality of businesses based here. The most amazing thing is the amount of genuine goodwill and delight for those who have sponsored, reached the finals and won. It really is a uniquely supportive atmosphere and Binn Group loves being a part of it.”
This news item with logos and pictures plus images from the night can be found on the Business Star Awards website here.
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure
- Coronavirus in Care Homes: Balhousie Care Group reveals three months of mixed messages
- Scottish Government: Bee Disease confirmed in Perthshire, 28 May 2020
- Scottish Firms' Confidence Rises but Remains Near Record Low
- Online Arabic Language Course Starts 1 June - 20% discount offered to Perthshire Chamber Members
- Deposit Returns Scheme
- Exercises to Practice When Working
- Scottish Government: BREXIT, 19 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group provides jobs for former Michelin factory workers in latest example of community partnership
- Perthshire Care Home 'hugely touched' by community donations
- Buy Local, Eat Local : How to shop with your local food and drink businesses during lockdown
- £4.2 million C- Voucher funding to SMEs transitioning from Linear to Circular
- FRIDAY 8TH MAY: UK to Observe a Two Minute Silence to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
- Property Viewings Go Virtual
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust Steps in to help 26 Community Projects, 5 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group Media Statement, 2 May 2020
- The Enchanted Forest Announces it is to Cancel the 2020 Event
- PERTHSHIRE CHAMBER TO LAUNCH “RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE PROGRAMME” AND MEMBERSHIP PROMOTIONS TO HELP REGION'S BUSINESSES THROUGH COVID-19
- Scone Palace to launch The Scottish Garden Show
- Balhousie Care Homes join in Live Gig from Singer Kate Nicoll
- Schools, Men's Shed and Local Businesses Provide Visors for Balhouse Care Group Staff
- Virtual youth work plan for PKC young people